Friday, May 12, 2006

Survey Maker -- Memes Made Easy!

I found this survey maker on my friend Kadie's MySpace site. Now, I don't like MySpace very much, but I like this survey maker a heck of a lot. It's completely customizable, and it makes tagging folks for memes as easy as pie. (Where in the world did that expression come from? Anyone who's ever made pie knows that it's not easy at all!)

Here's a boring one that I made yesterday, just to test it out. I'm posting it now, so that a) y'all'll know I'm still alive, and b) I can be lazy about posting real stuff that takes actual thought for a few more days yet.


Books
What are five novels you enjoyed?Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen; The Golden Vanity by Isabel Paterson; We the Living by Ayn Rand; Mansfield Park by Jane Austen; Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons; The Emily Books by L.M. Montgomery (cheating, I know)
Who are your five favorite novelists?Jane Austen, L.M. Montgomery, Isabel Paterson, Sophie Kinsella, Agatha Christie
What are five non-fiction books you enjoyed?The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson; The Professor and the Madman by Simon Winchester; The Woman and the Dynamo by Stephen Cox; The God of the Machine by Isabel Paterson; The Jesus I Never Knew by Philip Yancey
Who are your five favorite non-fiction authors?P.J. O'Rourke, Thomas Sowell, Stephen Cox, Bill Bryson, C.S. Lewis
What's the best book (any genre) that you've read in the past year?The New Testament and Literature by Stephen Cox (not only because it was such an enlightening and enjoyable read, but because it turned me on to so many other good books that were cited therein)
What books have changed your life?Among many are: The Holy Bible, The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand, No Compromise: The Keith Green Story by Melody Green, The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom, Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
What book do you most look forward to discussing with your kid(s) someday?I know I should say The Bible, but I'm already fielding those questions, so I'll go with Pride & Prejudice.
What is your favorite quote about reading or books?"I cannot live without books." -- Thomas Jefferson
If you could sit down at Starbucks and chat for two hours with any author, living or dead, who would it be?Isabel Paterson
If you went to a book-burning, what would you toss on the flames?A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
Would you rather watch TV or read a book?Read a book, of course!
Travel
How many countries (other than your native land) have you visited?Two -- Canada and England
How many U.S. States have you visited?Probably about twenty -- I've lost track
Have you ever used a language other than your own in a country in which you were traveling (gone native)?No, but I'd like to in Germany, someday.
What country have you not visited yet that you'd most like to?Australia
If you live in the U.S., have you ever been to Canada?Yes
If you live in the U.S., have you ever been to Mexico?No
Which do you prefer: road-tripping or leaving on a jet plane?Hmmm . . . coin toss: Flying gets us there more quickly, but I love road-trips too.
Have you ever taken a long boat journey (cruise or other)?No
Have you ever traveled by train?Yes
What is your favorite airline?Horizon Air (followed closely by Alaska Airlines and then QANTAS)
What city is the most comfortable for you?Seattle -- It's just always felt like home
Food
What is your favorite type of cuisine?Thai (followed by just about everything else, excluding Japanese food -- I don't like sushi)
Do you like spicy foods?Yes -- too much!
Do you eat to live or live to eat?Live To Eat!
Do you believe that "free food tastes better"?Sometimes -- especially when Mom used to cook it (not if it's from a dumpster)
If you knew in advance and had all your faculties still functioning, what would you like for your last earthly meal?A multi-cultural buffet of Thai, Mexican, Italian and Middle-Eastern. Oh, and don't forget a 20-oz. Porterhouse Steak. I would then die from indigestion, but it would be a blissfully indulgent way to go.

CREATE YOUR OWN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd answer the whole thing, but...you know...

Gotta say: you don't like sushi?! For shame. What gives?

I forgive you though, because you love spicy food, and spicy food rules. I could so hang with your buffet.

Andrea

Anonymous said...

"Tagging folks for memes"??
Sorry, I'm not understanding your banter.

Nice to know it's easy as pie, though.