Friday, April 28, 2006

"United 93"


Well, will you be going to see it?

I know that I won't be able to see it in the theaters. I will see it when it comes to video. It just seems like the kind of movie that will leave me feeling so raw and emotional and devastated, that I prefer to be at home when I see it.

Jason will probably go see it with a friend.

When I simply hear the commercials on the radio, or see the trailer on TV, or read a review in the newspaper, I start to weep.

I will never, never forget the way I felt on September 11, 2001. The story of "United 93" must be told, and this movie sounds as though it is respectful of those who so bravely fought back against a sudden, unsought encounter with unfathomable evil. I hope everybody sees this movie, eventually. Whether you courageously go to the theater, or you wimp out and see it in solitude at home, please never forget the valor of those who lost their lives resisting terror on that doomed flight.

"Calves are easily bound and slaughtered, never knowing the reason why. But whoever treasures freedom, like the swallow, must learn to fly."

No comments: