Saturday, May 19, 2012

And Then There Were Three

We got our replacement duckling for the one that died when Princess Paula was shipped.  And with him came another duckling, just for kicks (and warmth during shipping).  So, now we have three ducklings.  Problem is, they grow incredibly quickly, and Princess P is two weeks older and about 3X bigger than the two boys.  So, they think she is Mama Duck and Sadie has been displaced from her maternal role.  This makes Sadie sad; but, the ducks seem happy.  They are having a hoot exploring the house together.  Here is a video of them wandering about, because ducks are cute (and messy and smelly).  I, for one, can hardly wait until they grow their feathers and wings and we can release them into our backyard to eat our slugs and terrorize the neighbors' dogs.


6 comments:

Flicka Spumoni said...

These ducks are very, very cute. However, viewing your video actually made me aware that I've never been to your house. You, my best friend!
Not even those cute ducks can cheer me now...

vermonster said...

Too Cute, I can see why they think she's the Mama but sad that Sadie's lost her groupies.

And what caught me eye...the Gardener's supply catalog (fun fact: Oliver Gardener, the founder and original owner, was my 6th grade reading teacher).

Justine said...

NO WAY!?! And her last name is "Gardener"? Ha! Ha! That is too cool!

I love Gardener's. My great hope this summer is to get the two-part greenhouse Grow Camp. So expensive, but (maybe) so worth it!

Thanks for the fun fact, vm!

Justine said...

And Flicka, it just goes to show that you so need to come out to the Great PNW and see my (much smaller, less cool, and sunroom-less) house. Maybe en route to Barnabas???

Justine said...

vm -- ha!ha! Read "Olive" instead of "Oliver" -- other than the personal pronoun, my comment holds!

Sadie, her daughter said...

I miss my power.